Seal the Seasons is a mission-based for-profit startup company located in Chapel Hill, NC, that sells locally-grown frozen fruit. Seal the Seasons partners with small family farmers on a state-by-state basis to have local fruit available for consumers year-round in grocery stores. Seal the Seasons currently has operations in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest, Pacific Northwest and Pacific Southwest.
Internship Job Description:
The Sales Intern will assist the sales department at Seal the Seasons. The intern will focus on sales data capture, data analysis, lead generation, competitive analysis, and promotional performance analysis. The ideal applicant has a deep understanding of Microsoft Excel, experience with pivot tables, detail-oriented data capture and works independently in a team environment. The intern should aspire to make our food system better for the next generation.
We prefer an in-person relationship, but the intern need not be staying in the Triangle-area during the summer. The intern will work remotely 8-10 hours per week from the end of the Spring semester until early August. Seal the Seasons offers a flexible work environment. The position can start later and work through part of the Fall semester for an ideal candidate. We will consider your other summer commitments in timing of deliverables.
• Record, graph, and interrupt Seal the Seasons financial performance with all major accounts.
• Analyze the effectiveness of price promotion strategies we employ at different grocers. Write a report on price elasticity of consumers at different tiers of grocery stores. Make recommendations on future price promotional strategy.
• Record competitor pricing information on a weekly basis for all major accounts. Summarize competitor promotional strategies at select retailers.
• Analyze Nielsen and IRI data on future products to help Seal the Seasons develop our product development pipeline and forecast future demand.
• Assist with lead generation and lead qualification of small grocery stores, co-ops, specialty accounts, natural sector accounts, and alternative grocers (online retailers).
• Record account activity in Zoho CRM.
• Weekly meetings with your supervisor, preferably in-person or via zoom.
• Other tasks as assigned
Type and Timing of Internship:
Part Time during the Summer
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Primary Contact and Email: