At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
Internship Job Description:
There are two positions available for this internship.
Interns in the Biogen Community Lab in Research Triangle Park, NC will help to transform today’s young students into the discoverers and scientific leaders of tomorrow. The mission of the Community Lab program is to engage young people in science and biotechnology by allowing them to work on real-world problems that Biogen scientists and engineers are working on daily. The Community Lab is essential to Biogen’s overall corporate social responsibility. Caring deeply. Working fearlessly. Changing lives.™ This isn’t just a corporate philosophy, it’s an extension of who Biogen is as a company and how we support the communities where we live and work.
The summer intern’s main responsibility will be to assist with running the summer sessions for hundreds of middle and high school students as well as teachers. This would include testing hands-on labs, providing basic laboratory preparation and clean up, assisting with organizing summer sessions and related paperwork, recruiting and organizing volunteers, as well as providing teaching assistance during the sessions.
Due to the nature of the program, interns will be exposed to the inner workings of North Carolina’s largest biotechnology company. They will intimately understand the drug development process and will learn how to succinctly communicate that process to the public. The Community Lab interns will network with over 50 employee volunteers across various departments.
The deadline to apply for this role is March 15th.
• A background in the biological sciences, including basic lab experience such as micropipetting and working with DNA or bacteria
• Strong organizational skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for working with students
• Teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with another intern and the Community Lab instructor
• We are seeking at least one Community Lab intern who is fluent in both spoken and written Spanish to help communicate with parents who do not speak English
To participate in the Biogen Intern or Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen Intern or Co-op assignment
• Minimum grade point average of 3.2 preferred
• At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
Life sciences majors, such as Biotechnology, Biology, or Chemistry preferred.
Fluent in spoken and written Spanish.
Employment CategoryFull-Time Regular
Internship or Co-op
Type and Timing of Internship:
Full Time during the Summer
Submit on line https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=169&siteid=5140&jobid=825313
Primary Contact and Email: