Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., (AscentBioNano.com) is a research spin-off formed in 2012 from The Pennsylvania State University and Duke University. Our motto is Innovation for Impact. The mission is to develop high-yield, high-purity, biocompatible cell separation devices using sound waves. Applications include: research, cancer diagnosis, blood processing and transfusions, etc. We have a strong IP portfolio of acoustofluidic (i.e., the fusion of acoustics and microfluidics) technologies, including exclusive license for 4 issued US patents and >10 issued/pending patents in China, Japan, Europe, and North America. Our passion is to commercialize world-leading acoustofluidic technologies to advance research, enhance health, and improve quality of life. To learn more about the technology platform, visit our collaborator’s website https://acoustofluidics.pratt.duke.edu/
Internship Job Description:
We are recruiting interns for entry level engineer or technician position. This is a paid internship with potential to become full-time employees. Only candidates with the potential and desire to become full-time employees immediately after intern will be considered. The interns will assist a team of R&D engineers and researchers to develop cutting-edge cell separation devices using sound waves. He or she should be:
A good team player with good communication skill, comfortable working in startup environment
A quick learner for new technology, knowledge, and information
A practical problem-solver who could translate problems into solvable engineering projects, develop practical solutions, and deliver on time
A self motivator who has a strong passion to make an impact
The duties may include: fabricate and prepare microfluidic devices for R&D engineers, biologists, and researchers, design mechanical structures and components for prototype assembly, test devices, assemble and troubleshoot fluidic systems, test and calibrate fluidic systems, assist on designing and testing electronic solutions for prototypes etc.
Please read the requirements carefully before applying.
• Local candidate resides near RTP, NC
• Bachelor degree in BME, EE, ME or other relevant fields. PhD degree candidates are over-qualified for the position.
• 3 months experience in a lab environment, with reference available upon request
• Minimum GPA 3.0
A desired candidate will have some or most of the following experience:
• Fabricate microfluidic device
• Fluidic control, including microfluidics, valves, pumps, and pressure regulation
• Experience in troubleshooting common issues in microfluidic devices
• Design and build ready for evaluation and manufacture electronic and electromechanical prototype systems by selecting and assembling suitable components
• Design and test analog/digital electronic circuits in the RF frequency range including power RF
• Hands-on experience in soldering electronic components on circuit board
• Experience in test electronic components or system using common tools
• Hands-on experience in using Solidworks and AutoCAD for design
• Experience designing plastic parts and assemblies
Type and Timing of Internship: