Internship Job Description:
· Working with the program manager, identify fit between granting agencies’ research needs and the end-client’s product roadmap and technical focus.
· Perform literature/product searches on new ideas to understand and assess novel advancements as they relate to end client’s product roadmap.
· Work closely with technical and business staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals.
· Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of clinical trial design, protocol development and documents required for the PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form.
· Manage various deadlines and deliverables for multiple clients concurrently.
· Conceptualize and then execute high quality, cogent, and simple written applications, translating highly scientific content into terms that appeal to a range from expert to general scientific reviewers. Responsible for the full delivery, not just the technical content.
· In collaboration with the client, prepare scientific and clinical documents for standard human subjects’ research, clinical trials (including multi-site trials) and progress reports for awarded grants.
· Train new writers on the process of writing clinical grants including conducting educational courses and workshops.
PhD in a clinical discipline or MD preferred. Master’s Degree in clinical research, medicine, public health, chemistry, biology, other clinical science, or relevant background, essential.
· Minimum of 1-year medical and/or clinical writing experience, preferably in a healthcare/research/academic environment.
· Proven experience in clinical study design for SBIR/STTR grants or other federal grant programs. This includes, but is not limited to, writing protocol summaries, recruitment and retention plans, study conditions, data and safety monitoring plans and completing enrollment reports.
Additional Qualifications and Competencies:
· Critical Evaluation: objectivity, critical thinking, problem-solving, curiosity, inquisitiveness, research methodology, knowledge management, online search skills.
Communication for Impact: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, command of the English language, strong presentation skills, diplomacy, perceptual objectivity, active listening, asks the right questions.
· Relationship Building: Trustworthy, competent, client-focused, credible, proactive and responsive, values the team environment and works with mutual respect.
· Flexibility: Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple concurrent deadlines while maintaining high-quality final products.
· Ethical Practice: Personal and professional integrity, able to build trust and rapport with clients and colleagues.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and profit-sharing eligible.
Type and Timing of Internship:
Apply on website.