Minerva Lithium is a university spinout company based on licensed technology from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering in Greensboro, NC. The first innovative product is a clean energy technology that utilizes a proprietary Nano Mosaic membrane filter system for critical materials extraction from non-traditional water resources.
An Internship position is available in the Minerva Lithium LLC. The intern will be supporting research and development (R&D) activities by performing characterization using various analytical chemistry tools.
This position will focus on assisting with the set-up and execution of laboratory experiments involving preparation of nanomaterials and for analysis by Inductively coupled plasma Atomic mass spectroscopy (ICP-OES) as well as other analyses in a laboratory setting. Specific tasks include check-in and processing of large numbers of samples for high-throughput analysis. These tasks require the intern to effectively communicate with their mentor and other laboratory members about the expected work, progress toward completing that work, and any issues that arise. This internship will involve extensive time in a laboratory environment and it is essential for the intern to support a safe and efficient work environment. Clear record keeping with special attention to data traceability, unexpected observations and errors in procedures is necessary.
Type and Timing of Job:
Start Date: 2021-11-15
2901 East gate city BLVD
M.S in Analytical Chemistry or related field, with 2+ years of R&D experience preferred but not required
• Working knowledge of a broad range of analytical techniques.
• Ability to collect data, analyze, problem-solve and make decisions using analytical techniques such as ICP-OES, HPLC-MS, spectroscopy.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including visualization of data, presentations and authoring technical articles.
• Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and interact with multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and solve complex analytical problems.
Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
The position is for 6 months. Resume and cover letter
Primary Contact Email: