Spokes Trading is a specialty food and product connection and consultancy company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the business’ initial stages, we are working with specialty brands, makers and high quality or artisan products to introduce them to the wider retail market. At the same time, we are developing a marketplace platform where a curated and selective group of boutique retailers can source and order these same products. The company was founded by Justin Williams and John Reid Sidebotham. Justin built a career in the wholesale specialty food business with a Raleigh-based catering company- Ladyfingers. John Reid’s work has been in economic development and B2B sales. Both have a passion for local and quality products and are set on helping these brands reach the wider brick and mortar retail market..
Internship Job Description:
This role will be the first team member besides the founders in an early-stage, high growth start-up. The role will work intimately with the founders – joining sales calls, strategic planning meetings and learning the intricacies of a new business.
• Identifying boutique retailers and producers that fit Spokes Trading’s target audience
• Research customers, identify decision makers, and educate prospects
• Develop a high quantity of qualified Producer and Retailer leads
• Set up initial sales calls and meetings for Spokes leadership
• General sales and research activities which include prospecting, cold calling, booking appointments, and creating proposals.
• Excited to work in a fast-paced, growing startup
• Interest in Business 2 Business sales
• Strong interpersonal skills: written and verbal
• The ability to work in a dynamic, challenging and fun environment
• Willingness to learn and absorb material quickly
• Self-motivation with a constant sense of urgency
Type and Timing of Internship:
Flexible, during Spring Semester;Summer
Approximate Start/End Dates:
Please email John Reid Sidebotham – firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Contact Email: