Social Media and Communication Internship~
KickStart Venture Services, a department within the UNC-Chapel Hill Office of Technology Commercialization, supports faculty startup formation, business development, and growth by providing coaching and mentoring, early-stage funding, connection with key service providers, management, investors, and space. Over the years, KickStart Venture Services has had an incredible impact on startups..
Internship Job Description:
The KickStart Venture Services (KVS) team has an opportunity for a talented social media and digital marketing student intern. KickStart Venture Services, a department within the UNC-Chapel Hill Office of Technology Commercialization, supports faculty startup formation, business development, and growth by providing coaching and mentoring, early-stage funding, connection with key service providers, management, investors, and space.
The student intern will work closely with the KVS team, specifically regarding work related to the department’s awarded EDA Sprint grant, KickStart’s digital marketing efforts and social media engagement. The work will be focused on UNC’s community of innovation and entrepreneurship, primarily with faculty startups and projects. The student intern needs to be organized, detail-oriented and able to achieve, as well as set deadlines. Additionally, the position is ideal for an energized individual who is proactive in seeking out interesting stories and creating compelling social content that tells the story of KVS programs and UNC startups across the UNC-Chapel Hill campus and the broader ecosystem. The position will give the student experience working with social media in a professional setting. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting social media engagement and communication requirements according to the EDA Sprint Award
• Assisting in the curation of content for the KVS website and helping to ensure content is up to date. • Create content to support social engagement.
• Help curate video and other content across multiple channels, including YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Undergraduate student who is a bachelor’s degree candidate in media and journalism, communications, or related field.
• Strong proactive, independent work style with an enthusiasm for public relations and marketing.
• Proficiency working with social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
• The ability to write concise, compelling social posts in a creative, attention-grabbing style.
• A creative mindset and a knack for telling interesting stories.
• The ability to simplify complex information into content that is easy and quick to consume.
• The ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a collaborative team.
• Prior experience with WordPress, iContact, and Google Analytics is a plus.
• Sophomores or Juniors who are involved with innovation or entrepreneurship on campus.
• Experience with iContact and Database structures.
Type and Timing of Internship:
Part Time, during Spring Semester
Approximate Start/End Dates:
2022-01-10 — 2022-05-10
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Please contact Kathleen.Lowry (EDA Project Manager) at Kathleen.Lowry@unc.edu and Mireya McKee (Director of KickStart) at Mireya@email.unc.edu with your Cover letter and resume, by December 21, 2021
Primary Contact Email: